ESL Transport Planner
£11.46 Per Hour
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Planner to work on a 4on / 4off night shift pattern.The successful Transport Planner would be working for the UK's Largest Haulage company based at one of their sites in Widnes.
- To supervise and manage the allocated Resource Pool (RP) co-ordinating.
- To plan the most effective Transport Plan within legal constraints.
- To maintain and look to improve Customer Performance for the RP.
Main Responsibilities and Objectives: Transport Plan
- Produce effective Transport Plans with the legal constraints of the law guided by the Time Based Planning Process.
- Ensure the daily plan replicates the model as per the Time Based Planning process.
- Action all variances in Time Based Planning status board by agreed deadlines.
- Check resource availability for the shift by printing and Reviewing the manning levels on a daily basis.
- Utilise transport function in accordance with traffic flows to maximise resource.
- Managing drivers hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demand.
- Trailer type utilisation.
- Effective management of drivers through on-going communication supplemented by the use of a GPS Group Analysis Screen.
- Regular Communication via telephone or face to face contact at a minimum of twice per shift to ensure that performance is achieved.
- Confirm driver start times for next day and mark on the in house transport system as driver notified.
- Ensure that the in house transport system and GPS housekeeping is constantly completed, particularly: -
- Ensure depot logs are completed by specified time.
- Input trailer numbers as soon as practical to do so.
- Monitor and report empty legs for shift.
- Monitor and report Time lapse and Restricted parking reports by specified time.
- Complete the in house transport system and GPS system, debrief by specified time.
- Monitor and report WTD issues / concerns to Operations team.
- Ensure there is clear daily communication between day and night shifts, utilising the FMCG handover document.
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding Utilisation, Cost per pence per mile (CCPM), Wage to revenue, Empty legs.
- Understanding and putting into practice communication from Team Leaders (via conference calls), particularly: -
- Monitoring TLC customers.
- Regularly assist when required at drivers / debrief counter.
- Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time and correct equipment is efficiently utilised.
- Constantly communicate with Customer Services and Drivers to ensure customer KPI targets achieved and maintained.
- Ensuring that allocated drivers are communicating with Customer Services via the Driverline process.
- Complete and report Benefits and Concerns on a weekly basis.
- Manage or assist in any project as directed by the Planning Manager.
- Liaise with Operations Managers, Account Managers their direct reports and Employees at all levels within the Group
- External - Customer, Employment Agencies for staffing requirements. General Public enquiries.
- Co-operate with your employer to enable any legal obligations to be complied with.
- Do not recklessly interfere with anything provided by the employer or others in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
- Bring to the attention of the FMCG General Manager any perceived short comings in health and safety arrangements, situations or processes that you consider to be serious or which may present danger to you or others.
- Do not undertake or request others to undertake any works for which you/they do not hold the required competency or authority to undertake.
Document Issue and Access Requirements
- Access to Intranet.
- Access to relevant paper and electronic medium references.
- As defined within the Group Delegated Authorities Procedure
- At least 1 years experience in the Transport Industry.
- Good working knowledge of WTD and EU Drivers hours regulations.
- Able to use effectively Microsoft Windows package (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to communicate regularly with customers and / or key colleagues.
- Planning skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and translate facts and information explaining situations and issues to people and advising them of alternative or appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to follow pre-defined steps, methods or approaches but with the ability to modify and adapt when required.
If you feel like you are suitable for this role please apply in link below for immediate interview.